Today is day 6 of my sabbatical! As many of you know, I left my job of 8 years last week and have 4 months off before I start my new job back in the states. I am slowly starting to plan what I'm going to do... it's hard to strike the right balance between relaxing and enjoying the time off and trying to cram in as much as possible.
The other good news is that with the time off, it will be super easy for me to hit my goal for the year of hitting 40 countries before I turn 30. With the Czech Republic this weekend, I'm at 34.
Here's the current plan - would love any thoughts or suggestions!
Now - End of April: Hang out in London. I have a few different sets of friends coming on the weekends. We're also going to Finland and Estonia (35 & 36) next weekend. My mom will also be here, so we're going to Scotland for a few days and may do another short trip outside of London.
Last weekend of April: Queen's Day in Amsterdam. It's supposed to be a great all day party. Since I go to Amsterdam for work all the time, I haven't actually visited socially since study abroad in 2003!
Early May: My good friend Jen is also on sabbatical and is thinking of road tripping to SF to settle herself in. I may join her.
Mid-Late May: Southeast Asia! I want to hit Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Bali. I think my friend Alex will join me for the last 10 days or so.
Late May - June 1: In NYC for Cody's wedding. Yay!
Early - Mid June: India (and maybe Qatar on the way) for family and my cousin's wedding.
Late June: TBD, trying to go to Africa with my mom.
Early July: Back in NYC to settle into my apartment (which ideally I'll find when I'm back for Cody's wedding) before I start work July 15.
Let me know if you have any suggestions or must sees. Also, let me know if you want to join for any part of the adventure!
The other good news is that with the time off, it will be super easy for me to hit my goal for the year of hitting 40 countries before I turn 30. With the Czech Republic this weekend, I'm at 34.
Here's the current plan - would love any thoughts or suggestions!
Now - End of April: Hang out in London. I have a few different sets of friends coming on the weekends. We're also going to Finland and Estonia (35 & 36) next weekend. My mom will also be here, so we're going to Scotland for a few days and may do another short trip outside of London.
Last weekend of April: Queen's Day in Amsterdam. It's supposed to be a great all day party. Since I go to Amsterdam for work all the time, I haven't actually visited socially since study abroad in 2003!
Early May: My good friend Jen is also on sabbatical and is thinking of road tripping to SF to settle herself in. I may join her.
Mid-Late May: Southeast Asia! I want to hit Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Bali. I think my friend Alex will join me for the last 10 days or so.
Late May - June 1: In NYC for Cody's wedding. Yay!
Early - Mid June: India (and maybe Qatar on the way) for family and my cousin's wedding.
Late June: TBD, trying to go to Africa with my mom.
Early July: Back in NYC to settle into my apartment (which ideally I'll find when I'm back for Cody's wedding) before I start work July 15.
Let me know if you have any suggestions or must sees. Also, let me know if you want to join for any part of the adventure!
1 comment:
1. I love your new header font!
2. I am so jealous of your travels - this is going to be amazing! I demand lots of photos on this here blog :)
3. De-accumulating things is so cleansing. Cathartic. I hope you find it the same way!
xoxo
Post a Comment