Nov 5, 2010

Settling In

I finally have internet!  It has been 6 weeks since I moved into my flat, and I just got internet 10 minutes ago.  It's hard to post from my phone!  Here's a general recap since the last post:

Hawaii - So relaxing.  Had a great birthday, slept 12 hours a day, took a helicopter ride over the volcano, snorkeled (and got a cut which will scar) and made a family bet I hope I lose.  My brother and I told my dad that if he spends 2011 smoke free, we'll go on a family cross-county trip in 2012.  Now, one thing we all remembered in Hawaii, is that we get along great as a family, but we struggle when in the car for hours without adequate food and personal distraction.  Still would be totally worth it if dad went smoke free.

Something new - I've been wanting to make a change.  I just signed up with a new personal trainer and the gym is hard core.  Look it up - www.londonpersonaltrainingstudios.com.  I love it and am so glad I'm working out again.

Halloween - I got dressed up both nights thanks to Sarah.  On Friday we went to a haunted high school party.  I came from work, so looked LAME, but had a pretty sick wound across my neck.  We made wounds with hair wax, coffee grounds, and fake blood.  Sarah's roommate Caroline came up with the trick - the wounds were amazingly realistic!  On Saturday, we went to a party.  I dressed up as a wall street fat cat with pink cat gear, lots of bling, and a champagne bottle.  The humor was lost on the Brits. The party we went to started out slow, but turned into a great dance party.  We danced from 11-3, reminiscent of a night at Phoenix Landing!  The end was the best part.  Caroline liked the DJ, so Sarah gave him a note with her number.  He called Caroline over and they made out a bit behind the DJ booth - so hot!  Overall, a great night.

That's life in a nutshell.  We're off for a night of dinner, drinks, and fun with work people.  We've been joking all week that we're going to "make it rain."  After this week, I'm desperately looking forward to a great weekend.  Happy early birthday to Claire-bo!  Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Vinnie! Your halloween sounds like it was great! I love Phoenix Landing! You're referring to the spot in Central Square, Cambridge, right? I had some fun dress-up dance party times there, for sure :) Hang in there, honey. XOXO

miss claire said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment