May 10, 2011

How to say thank you?

We've been having a lot of funny conversations at work around how you sign-off an e-mail at work.  I have been told that my old favorite "Thanks." is too harsh.  Recently, I've been using a "Thanks," or "Kind regards,".  A couple of new ones have been creeping up lately like "Many thanks," "Huge thanks,"  and "Best wishes,".  Maybe it's just me, but "Best Wishes" makes me think of a birthday and both "Many Thanks" and "Huge Thanks" make me picture Jonathan on 30 rock who is just constantly thanking and praising Jack.

Another odd thing I've been noticing lately is the predominance of people signing personal e-mails and texts "xx" here.  Sometimes it's followed by an initial.  Maybe it's me, but I don't go around "xx"-ing everyone!  I think it's a-ok for friends and family, but not for some of the people I've seen use it with other people!

Last rant of the day:  The cross walks here are absurd.  They are often red when you have cars stopped.  This just makes me reckless - you never know if it's red because cars are going to be flying at you in 0.5 seconds or because the cross walk is just chilling on red.  ARGH.

I'm done ruminating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment