This has been a rough week for our dog. His spleen ruptured (due to a tumor pressing against it) and he was in surgery to take out the tumor and the spleen. On top of that, we found out that the tumor is cancerous.
Strangely, he looks fine. I've been videochatting with the family to see him and he seems to be in great shape. He's trotting all over the house and wagging his tail like crazy. He does, however, look like a civil war soldier with all of his bandages.
He's an old pup, but still has a lot of chutzpah - up until the surgery, he was still going for really long walks with my dad and was all over the place when I was home for Christmas.
Fingers crossed that he recovers well from surgery and that the cancer doesn't really spread. My family is pretty firm that we won't let him suffer. I'm going to be home in 3 weeks, so am mostly hoping that all stays ok at least till then.
In other news, I went to watch polo in the park yesterday. It was a massive outdoor event from Friday - Today with 2-3 polo matches a day. It was really fun - lots of people in sun dresses and super preppy menswear, gorgeous weather, and fun matches. The one really scary thing was in the US vs Argentina match where the horse and rider both flipped over on the Argentina team. Both were fine, but the rider was unconscious for a bit. This definitely does not help my general worry that horses are giant animals that can unintentionally hurt people. We did beat Argentina!
I have a few chill weeks ahead of me and then the craziness begins. I'm due to fly to the states on June 19th, head back the following Wed night, and then leave for India that Friday. However, I need to get my visa, which is a bit touch and go right now. Oy.
Strangely, he looks fine. I've been videochatting with the family to see him and he seems to be in great shape. He's trotting all over the house and wagging his tail like crazy. He does, however, look like a civil war soldier with all of his bandages.
He's an old pup, but still has a lot of chutzpah - up until the surgery, he was still going for really long walks with my dad and was all over the place when I was home for Christmas.
Fingers crossed that he recovers well from surgery and that the cancer doesn't really spread. My family is pretty firm that we won't let him suffer. I'm going to be home in 3 weeks, so am mostly hoping that all stays ok at least till then.
In other news, I went to watch polo in the park yesterday. It was a massive outdoor event from Friday - Today with 2-3 polo matches a day. It was really fun - lots of people in sun dresses and super preppy menswear, gorgeous weather, and fun matches. The one really scary thing was in the US vs Argentina match where the horse and rider both flipped over on the Argentina team. Both were fine, but the rider was unconscious for a bit. This definitely does not help my general worry that horses are giant animals that can unintentionally hurt people. We did beat Argentina!
I have a few chill weeks ahead of me and then the craziness begins. I'm due to fly to the states on June 19th, head back the following Wed night, and then leave for India that Friday. However, I need to get my visa, which is a bit touch and go right now. Oy.

No comments:
Post a Comment