It's been a rough week at our house. Hurricane Irene brought down a massive tree right next to our house (reminding all of us that it could have come down on the house - scary), my puppy is really sick, and my grandmother is also sick. Mom is off to India to see my grandmother tomorrow, which will be nice. I'm so happy that we were all there for her birthday party this summer. Mom thinks everything will be fine (fingers crossed), but it's hard not to be sad that your 90 year old grandmother is going through what she's going through.
I was in NY this past weekend (for Laura's wedding) and a few hours before my flight was supposed to take off, my brother calls to let me know that my parents may put Caesar down. I rushed home and made my parents drive my from Newark to our house (and then back to Newark and then back home). The poor baby - he's a mess. He's severely iron deficient (in the last month since I last saw him!), so his gums are white and he looked exhausted. I said good bye, which was one of the sadder things I've had to do. Apparently I saw him at his worst and he's doing better now, but I can't imagine that he's still ok when I come back next in October/November.
Too much! In addition to how I feel, I'm v worried about my parents. It's a lot for them to deal with all at once.
In happier news, I was back in NY for a few days for Laura's wedding. Poor Laura! With the hurricane, she had to bump up the whole wedding by a day. Can you imagine? Everything was amazing though. Emma and Suma were there too and we just had a ball celebrating and dancing the night away!
Since all the other wedding things were cancelled, I had some free time to bond with my cousin, my brother, and Emma. It was a great, lazy weekend in NY.
I'm excited to be in London for a bit. I really feel like I spent the summer away.
I was in NY this past weekend (for Laura's wedding) and a few hours before my flight was supposed to take off, my brother calls to let me know that my parents may put Caesar down. I rushed home and made my parents drive my from Newark to our house (and then back to Newark and then back home). The poor baby - he's a mess. He's severely iron deficient (in the last month since I last saw him!), so his gums are white and he looked exhausted. I said good bye, which was one of the sadder things I've had to do. Apparently I saw him at his worst and he's doing better now, but I can't imagine that he's still ok when I come back next in October/November.
Too much! In addition to how I feel, I'm v worried about my parents. It's a lot for them to deal with all at once.
In happier news, I was back in NY for a few days for Laura's wedding. Poor Laura! With the hurricane, she had to bump up the whole wedding by a day. Can you imagine? Everything was amazing though. Emma and Suma were there too and we just had a ball celebrating and dancing the night away!
Since all the other wedding things were cancelled, I had some free time to bond with my cousin, my brother, and Emma. It was a great, lazy weekend in NY.
I'm excited to be in London for a bit. I really feel like I spent the summer away.
No comments:
Post a Comment