I went on a date the other night with a guy I met at a bar the previous weekend. He was very nice, but it was a hilarious date because we really didn't understand each other. While his English wasn't great, my extreme American accent definitely didn't make it easier. I thought I'd share a few of the better miscommunications.
Me: Do you travel much?
Him: I've been to Big Ben twice? (No idea what he thought I asked)
Me: [Watching USA vs Argentina in basketball] I hope USA wins
Him: They have more medals than China
Me: I speak to my grandmother in English, but I have to speak really slowly
Him: Pretend I'm your grandfather
Me: Where do you live?
Him: He points down the street we're walking [was gesturing to the bar we were going to]
I wish I could remember the rest. Regardless, it makes for a great story.
Me: Do you travel much?
Him: I've been to Big Ben twice? (No idea what he thought I asked)
Me: [Watching USA vs Argentina in basketball] I hope USA wins
Him: They have more medals than China
Me: I speak to my grandmother in English, but I have to speak really slowly
Him: Pretend I'm your grandfather
Me: Where do you live?
Him: He points down the street we're walking [was gesturing to the bar we were going to]
I wish I could remember the rest. Regardless, it makes for a great story.
No comments:
Post a Comment