After 5 weeks in corporate housing, I finally moved into my apartment this week. It's a weird milestone for me for several reasons...
1) I'm living alone. I have never lived alone nor have I ever wanted to live alone (miss you Lyon!). I never even had a single in college. It's kind of lonely knowing that no one is going to walk in. Even though there would be weeks when I didn't see Lyon, I knew she was there and that I would most likely see her over the weekend. I guess this is a necessary step for growing up.
2) I moved in without my parents. My parents have moved me in to every place since college and they are amazing. My mom organizes and my dad help me hang and fix things. I have not done a good job with either of these things thus far.
3) It means I really live here now. It's felt a bit like a
stopover this far. But, this is a good thing as I like London and want to feel settled here.
4) it showed me how different things can be here. They do things like "inventories" and direct debit your rent.
In other news, it was Mallika's birthday yesterday (happy birthday babe!) and Eve and Dan set a date (congrats again!).
On the work front, it's been crazy and it's clear summer is over. I was at work till 5 on Monday then got up at 7 the next morning to move (woof).
I'm looking forward to a low-key weekend with lots of sleeping and getting my house in order.
No comments:
Post a Comment