This week reminded me a lot of New York, for good reasons and bad. On the good side, Friday and Saturday nights made me feel like I was home. Friday, I went out with a bunch of my coworkers. We went to Proud Camden, a converted stable (yes, used to hold horses), turned dance party. We got a great mix of dance music, including "we built this city", and danced till at least 3. Other highlights include most people pole dancing (we couldn't get one person to stop), dancing on stage, and lots of shots. Also like NY, no one was ready to go home when the bar closed. Sylvia invited us back to her apartment where we kept the fun going till 5/6 in the morning. It was just like a night at Dylan Murphy's or the long-gone Hook.
Saturday night, I met Sarah and her roommates at a bar called Aragon House (not Arrogant House) as someone misinterpreted) in Parson's Green. The bar was great - good music, attractive people, and a very warm welcoming feeling. It was a great time... I would definitely go back even though it did take an hour to get there.
On the bad side, this week was like a NY work week. I was at work till midnight or later every night and wasn't sure if I'd be able to finish everything in time. The meeting we were prepping for went well, I had a great talk with my boss, and next week looks lighter - fingers crossed, this week was just an anomaly.
In other news, I'm slowly settling into my flat (I know, apartment). I bought dishes and groceries, so I can actually eat at home! As today was a productive day (yoga and high tea with coworkers), I think I'm going to get in bed and watch a movie.
1 comment:
i miss you! can't wait till you visit!
Post a Comment