I'm in LAX right now, en route to Maui for a family vacation in Hawaii. Outside of India, this is the first time we've all gone away together since a Disney Cruise 10 or so years ago. I can't wait to see my family. Weirdly, I just started getting homesick. I think it has to do with hitting the 2 month mark in London and the fact that I would see my parents and brother every month or so. A week in Hawaii is never a bad thing.
Most of my job is fantastic - we're thinking about business building and how we're going to shape the business out of Europe. It's just hard to work so much.
I know I should be patient - coming to London was like starting a new job. I know a lot of what I feel right now is growing pains (in a good way) as I am taking on more responsibility and working on more. Still, it really sucks and my coworkers actually started a "Vin Vacation Countdown" since I've been so grouchy and miserable.
This week is also "identity week" with lots of birthdays. When I was in France, me and my friends Hilary, Andrew, and Tom all had our birthdays in a row and joked we were like the movie "Identity." I never saw it, but apparently birthdayshave something to do with it. If I remember correctly, we spent our birthdays in the Loire Valley playing spin the bottle (yes, this was junior year of college). Lindsay is also on the 17th! Happy birthday friends! Also coming up are Caroline and Mulley's birthdays. See - October is the best birthday month.
One last bit of nostalgia. I've been teling friends in London about my birthday last year and "no cups, new york." I still wish I had my trophy as I do like winners :)
No comments:
Post a Comment