It was an interesting week. I broke up with my personal trainer over the weekend - funny enough, it's hard to think about how you do that? "I don't want to work out with you"? We broke up because I hurt my heel and my knee and she couldn't set a workout for me that didn't hurt and didn't involve all upper body. Funnily enough, I started seeing a sports rehabilitation trainer on her recommendation. So cool - he has been testing my strength and mobility to try and help alleviate the pain and get me running again. I've had 2 sessions - both really interesting and my knee is already feeling a bit better. It's really interesting - he stimulates a bunch of muscles (the equivalent of deep massage - also kind of awk when it's on my butt) and then sees how my body reacts. Most times, things work normally after that, but apparently, my right hip is waaay tight and we have to work on strengthening it so that my whole right side walks/runs using the right muscled.
A few people have been annoying me lately and it got me wondering why. This is going to sound crazy, but there are a few people who annoy me that worry me because they make me wonder if I come off like they do. See, crazy. But it's strange where I can see a lot of similarities and hope that I'm different. In some ways, this is good because it makes me aware of some of these habits (argumentative, think I'm always right - come on, you know me, I realize I can be a pain) and try to behave differently.
I'm trying to plan my spring. Lyon and I would always plan a bunch of trips, usually while drinking, for the dark winter months so we'd have things to look forward to. I want to do the same, but realize I don't really know enough people well enough here to get them to commit to things a month or so away. Want to try and do at least one trip a month after Jan. Already have Feb (Barcelona) and hopefully March (my parents may come visit and we'll go somewhere fun). Want to try and go somewhere post Colin's wedding in April as we have the long weekend with the royal wedding.
My TV arrives tomorrow! I made my brother help me pick one, but I finally have a 50 inch television coming my way. For those that don't know, I've been planning on buying a new TV (the last one I bought was 19 inches and I was in college) for at least a year, but had been delaying till Lyon and I moved to a new apartment, which never happened since I moved to London. Expect pictures soon. Will be absurd in my small apartment.
I've also been listening to a lot of music. I downloaded abut 100 songs over the last week and found some real gems. Will share next time, but highly recommend a few tracks off of the latest Kanye and Diddy Dirty Money albums.
Going out for a stroll and then drinks with a friend tonight. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment