Feb 13, 2011

The funny thing about...

...going out in London is that the people I hang out with tend to want to do dinner and drinks, but keep things fairly low key.  I just realized this weekend how much I miss a really big night out.  I've had a few, but mostly with coworkers.  Last night, went out with J and Jenny to go watch the Scotland rugby game and then just kept going out from there.  It was so fun - we started drinking at 5 and didn't really stop until we passed out.  It was just fun, drinking and going from pub to pub.  Good times!

...confidence is that it takes longer to build up than I realized.  It's times like this when I miss Lyon a lot because she is so good at bringing out that side of me.  I just need to buck up and own it more.  For example, last night, I let J choose my clothes for me.  She picked out the blue dress I wore for New Years 2009 and Derby - both interesting parties to say the least.  I love the dress, but it is way low cut.  I wore it, but didn't really own it.

...friendship is that it takes time to be comfortable around people.  I've spent the last 6 months meeting and greeting and retelling my story.  It's been really fun, but I kind of want to be at the place where people already know me.  Bah!

In general, things have been a little rocky these last few weeks.  I've been working non-stop and too tired to have a real social life which has made me irritable and not that much fun to hang out with.  It's also made me a bit homesick for the ease of being at home.  I'm hoping things will get a little easier this week as the last meeting we have scheduled is Monday.

Barcelona next weekend with friends will make things better.  I am really excited to see Lindsay and Maria and fake "relive" study abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment