Quick post before I head off to work... I've been feeling really old lately. When my parents were here, we all got tired around 11 and went to bed (self included). It's a far cry from life in NY where we'd routinely be out till 2-5, even on a work night. So, since Sam is in town, I'm trying to reconnect with that part of me a bit more. We went out for dinner and drinks last night and got home around 1. While that may not seem late, that is late for London on a non-weekend. It was great - we had a really nice time, went to a few cool places, and I feel wonderful and awake today. Actually, more awake than I did yesterday when I slept for 8 hours. Dinner was at a place called the Botanist. The food and cocktails were really good! Then, we went to a place called Bart's for a bit. It's a little like PDT as it's hidden away in an apartment complex. We got a drink there before they closed and it tasted like there was no alcohol in it. Sam said she felt it, but Susan and I felt "fine". I have a feeling that if we drank two more we would all feel it.
Honestly, it was just nice to be out during the week. We have another dinner and drinks tonight and Friday, so we'll definitely be out the rest of the week. It makes me feel a bit more my age!
No comments:
Post a Comment