Merry Christmas all! It's been really nice to be home and spend some time with my mom and brother (and my cousins actually - since they are all in NJ, I've gotten to see a lot of them, which is nice). Dad stayed in London for the holidays and is off to Barcelona later this week (good for you, Dad).
It's been a crazy couple of weeks with a stressful decision to make. Clearly, my ability to handle stress has gone down hill as I've been crying a lot - pretty much anytime someone asks me what I'm doing when I move back. Interestingly, the last time I remember crying this much over decisions was when I chose where to go to college. Usually, I try to know what I want ahead of being forced to choose, or choose inaction (which is the easiest, but not a great choice!)
In short, I am moving back to NYC next summer and have been working with my bosses to figure out what I am going to do when I move back. Most of you know that things were really tough before I moved to London, so not surprisingly, this has been really stressful for me. It's been hard to separate 2.5 years ago from today.
I think I've made some good decisions now though (and haven't cried in almost a week!) and look forward to seeing if/how they play out (more details when things actually move forward).
In other news, I'm looking forward to the rest of the week. Laura and Dan are hosting a party on Thursday that a lot of friends will be going to. Spending Fri & Sat with my mom and then staying with Lyon in her new apt through the new year. I can't wait to see her apt and also for New Years. We're going to a house party in a throwback to New Years 2009 (NOT 2010, which was an abysmal anomaly in the track record of great new years' house parties).
Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely holiday with their families and friends. Stay tuned for a full year recap in advance of New Years!
It's been a crazy couple of weeks with a stressful decision to make. Clearly, my ability to handle stress has gone down hill as I've been crying a lot - pretty much anytime someone asks me what I'm doing when I move back. Interestingly, the last time I remember crying this much over decisions was when I chose where to go to college. Usually, I try to know what I want ahead of being forced to choose, or choose inaction (which is the easiest, but not a great choice!)
In short, I am moving back to NYC next summer and have been working with my bosses to figure out what I am going to do when I move back. Most of you know that things were really tough before I moved to London, so not surprisingly, this has been really stressful for me. It's been hard to separate 2.5 years ago from today.
I think I've made some good decisions now though (and haven't cried in almost a week!) and look forward to seeing if/how they play out (more details when things actually move forward).
In other news, I'm looking forward to the rest of the week. Laura and Dan are hosting a party on Thursday that a lot of friends will be going to. Spending Fri & Sat with my mom and then staying with Lyon in her new apt through the new year. I can't wait to see her apt and also for New Years. We're going to a house party in a throwback to New Years 2009 (NOT 2010, which was an abysmal anomaly in the track record of great new years' house parties).
Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely holiday with their families and friends. Stay tuned for a full year recap in advance of New Years!
No comments:
Post a Comment