I'm getting ready to go back into NY to hang out with Lyon and ring in the new year. Before that, it's always fun to recap some of the year's highlights.
Favorite Trip: This is a tough one. Some of the better trips were to Budapest, Istanbul, Oslo, Bordeaux, Bath, Stockholm and the week I did with my brother through Rome, Zurich, and Vienna, but I LOVED Copenhagen. I generally think that I should move to the Nordics STAT. What made it great is that the city was gorgeous, we biked everywhere, and people were so incredibly nice. We got lots of recommendations and generally enjoyed every minute in the city. Plus, people were so attractive. What's not to love?
Favorite Dinner (most fun): For fun dinners, I always like mid-sized group dinners. We had a great dinner when Laura and Dan came to town at Il Baretto. Lots of alcohol, good food, and good company.
Favorite Dinner (most delicious): I think this is actually Modern Pantry. I went the other week and was blown away by all the flavors, how they worked together, and how amazing the carrot puree I had with my entree was. Go there, fast!
Favorite Cultural Event: Hmm, I tried to do a lot this year, but Seeing the Olympic Opening and Closing Ceremonies in Hyde and Victoria Parks respectively was amazing. There were people everywhere and it was such a great vibe. In close second was Santacon, which may sound surprising, but in London, people go to cultural places - seeing Santas in the Tate Modern, St. Paul's, and Trafalgar Square was crazy. Other fun events were Wimbledon, Ascot and punting at Oxford (when Claire's poor friend fell in).
Best Tourist Visit in London: This is a tough one and usually Borough Market or the top of St. Paul's win because I take everyone there, but I really enjoyed the view from the Eye (Lyon and I did it when she was in town). You can see one of the blurry shots below, but we went up at dusk so got both dusk and early evening.
More to come when I think of it!
Favorite Trip: This is a tough one. Some of the better trips were to Budapest, Istanbul, Oslo, Bordeaux, Bath, Stockholm and the week I did with my brother through Rome, Zurich, and Vienna, but I LOVED Copenhagen. I generally think that I should move to the Nordics STAT. What made it great is that the city was gorgeous, we biked everywhere, and people were so incredibly nice. We got lots of recommendations and generally enjoyed every minute in the city. Plus, people were so attractive. What's not to love?
Favorite Dinner (most fun): For fun dinners, I always like mid-sized group dinners. We had a great dinner when Laura and Dan came to town at Il Baretto. Lots of alcohol, good food, and good company.
Favorite Dinner (most delicious): I think this is actually Modern Pantry. I went the other week and was blown away by all the flavors, how they worked together, and how amazing the carrot puree I had with my entree was. Go there, fast!
Favorite Cultural Event: Hmm, I tried to do a lot this year, but Seeing the Olympic Opening and Closing Ceremonies in Hyde and Victoria Parks respectively was amazing. There were people everywhere and it was such a great vibe. In close second was Santacon, which may sound surprising, but in London, people go to cultural places - seeing Santas in the Tate Modern, St. Paul's, and Trafalgar Square was crazy. Other fun events were Wimbledon, Ascot and punting at Oxford (when Claire's poor friend fell in).
Best Tourist Visit in London: This is a tough one and usually Borough Market or the top of St. Paul's win because I take everyone there, but I really enjoyed the view from the Eye (Lyon and I did it when she was in town). You can see one of the blurry shots below, but we went up at dusk so got both dusk and early evening.
More to come when I think of it!


No comments:
Post a Comment